Can a muslim converted Hindu couple apply for mutual consent divorce

I want to know whether a muslim converted hindu wife and Hindu husband could get the mutual consent divorce by filing the petition in the family court

Answers (3)

213 votes

Ya defiantly. Because you informed that you are converted hindu and your husband is an Hindhu. Then you can file a divorce petition under Hindu Law. Before that you should prove that the marriage is as per Hindu customs and traditions and also confirm that both are following hindu religion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

If you have married under the special marriage act, you can file for divorce by mutual consent under the special marriage act. If you are marriad as per Hindu rcustomes and rites after conversion you can seek for Mutual divorce under the Hindu Marriage act.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
243 votes

Dear friend,
there are remedy that could be opted with the provision of laws and can be handled well so that technicaly does not suffer , you may consult at our office or take opinion through online as well .OFC : Adv pankaj Kumar & associate...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles