Can a lady claim future maintenance after mutual divorce

After mutual consent divorce is lady entitled to claim future maintenance for kid.

Answers (4)

76 votes

without knowing what was the final decree , nothing much can be said.....but you can file petition under section 127 Cr.p.c for enhancement but this also only afterwe can say after seeeing decree of divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

Yes, she can claim & is entitled to get maintenance foR heR kid u/s 20 of Hindu Adoption & Maintenance Act 1956. Husband is bound to maintain his legitimate oR illegitimate child till up to the age of 18 yeaRs foR boy & in case of giRl till heR maRRiage.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
161 votes

For that you must see the mutual agrerment you entered into. If there is no clause as to maintenance for child in that case she can. If there is any special need that has arisen could also be seen. Court can grant maintenance in such cases.

277 votes

Yes, Kid may claim through guardian but it should not be condition settled in terms and condition of mutual divorce. that other party shall not claim maintenance either for herself/himself or for kids or any whatsoever account.
You have right to seek maintenance for kids.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles