Can a contested divorce case be proceeded without husband's presence

I want to divorce my husband and want full custody of my son. We are christian living in UAE. married for 14 years. i want to file the case in mumbai. however my husband does not want a divorce and will not come to mumbai. can the divorce case proceed without him?

You can come to Mumbai along with your Son..? send him legal notice stating your problems and intention to get Divorce mentioning legal grounds , ask him to respond the legal notice in writing if he deny the allegation and contention of notice, Register a complaint in Local Police station and file petition for divorce and maintenance... also show your willingness for mutual consent Divorce , if he agreed , you can get Divorce through Sky pee, Video Conferencing..

Proceedings can be initiated against the husband and you can file. The court shall send him notice and he if he fails to attend the matter can proceed exparte and the orders can be procured. the court on many ocassions has done so

Ma'am
For you to file your Divorce matter in Mumbai , was your marriage solemnized in Mumbai? If you file one sided Divorce Petition and once summons duly served on him then even if he doesnt attend , the matter can produce .