Applied for maintenance case other party not attending the hearing

I applied for above sited req. In 2015. Judgement for maintanance I got b4 6 months I.e I applied for 20,000 I got 13,000 . My ex is not attended any court sessions aft that. Summons sent to pay it. But no response

Answers (1)

Please confirm did you apply for maintenance under section 24 of Hindu marriage act or section 125 crpc if you applied under crpc and if maintenance Is awarded and he's not attending court get a warrant issues through court. He will be bought by police to court to make payment of maintenance.
If it's under section 24 of Hindu marriage act you have other procedure to recover your amount arrears

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Related Articles

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Can wife demand maintenance for ourselves and for daughter in mutual divorce…

Read More

(Hindu)I got married on 17 Jan 2017 wife left the house on 20th. She was in love with someone else. She told me everything thing on 2nd day. Once she …

Read More

What is the amount of maintenance which I can claim from my Husband…

Read More

Wife has lodged a case on me and my parents she is not staying since five years and she is staying with her mother with my daughter and on march 6th s…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue