Application for divorce due to Mental harassment by inlaws

My husband and in laws mentally harras me.we are joint family.but now this is not possible to staying in a jointly. Bcz i am going to mad for their mentally harassment. My husband will never staying separate. For me not to stay jointly. Is it possible that I will put a divorce for this reason??

Answers (2)

85 votes

Yes you can file a contested divorce on the grounds of mental torture from your husband and in your in-laws.Remember this is a contested one and it will take time for you to get the decree. If your husband does not appear in court then do not worry you will get a exparte decree.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

if you do so it will come as a boomerrang to you only, to be precise a higher court has stated that if a wife separates a hindu son from his aged ailing parents it amounts to cruelty.

the next very thing you will say that you are facing mental torture, i would ask for strict evidences thereof to prove the same, if you can do so the ball will be in court and will request you to file a domestic violence case instead against all the persons who torture you, detailed discussion is necessary

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles