Am a muslim and would like to file divorce legally against my wife

Hello, am a muslim i would like to file divorce legally as am being tortured by my wife and her family.

Answers (2)

155 votes

Dear Sir,
There is no chance for a Muslim husband to file such petition legally however you
can crate forcible circumstances so that she can file get is. Try for the divorce through your wife and you will definitely get it. Or just go for second marriage which is allowed under Muslim law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

yes, you can, you will normally get opinion that there is no provision available for a musiim male to file for a divorce from his wife, while a Muslim wife has a separate enactment to do so. I am not taking of Khula . ask my contact and I can do it for you provided you are otherwise having sufficient ground.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles