Advice in case wife filed for appeal in high court for divorce case.

I got divorce decree from family court. My wife appealed in high court. If high court also dismisses, then can my wife appeal again in the high court in other MM? How many times can she go for appeal? I heard she can appeal again in other MM in high court. Please clarify.

Answers (3)

An appeal against order of family court lies with high court only. An appeal can be filed once and not multiple times. against the order of high court, Your wife can approach the supreme court for 2nd appeal. but since it is matrimonial matter, unless there is a substantial question of law, supreme court will not entertain the 2nd appeal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

After getting Divorce decree from Family Court.

Your wife First appealed in High Court. If the High Court dismiss the Appeal then it goes to Second Appeal to Supreme Court then there afterwards there is no remedy in proceedings further appeals.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience got divorce from family court. Your wife appeal before the High court. If High court dismissed the appeal ,she prefers to appeal before supreme court. Supreme court is final to decide the case...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My husband used to him me a lot and is adrug addict, I am not working, I have a daughter who is 6 years old and it has been 9 years of our marriage bu…

Read More

Dear sir, i am in love with a girl for past 7 years ,due to family issues, Mental torture to me and my girl and there parents i got married to Some ot…

Read More

If me and my husband apply for divorce under mutual consent, can i stay with him in the same house till i get divorce? If he won't agree for mutua…

Read More

Married 3 months before. but found it difficult to live together & difference in opinions. I just wanted to know at what time can a divorce get fi…

Read More