×

Advice in case wife filed for appeal in high court for divorce case.

I got divorce decree from family court. My wife appealed in high court. If high court also dismisses, then can my wife appeal again in the high court in other MM? How many times can she go for appeal? I heard she can appeal again in other MM in high court. Please clarify.

An appeal against order of family court lies with high court only. An appeal can be filed once and not multiple times. against the order of high court, Your wife can approach the supreme court for 2nd appeal. but since it is matrimonial matter, unless there is a substantial question of law, supreme court will not entertain the 2nd appeal.

After getting Divorce decree from Family Court.

Your wife First appealed in High Court. If the High Court dismiss the Appeal then it goes to Second Appeal to Supreme Court then there afterwards there is no remedy in proceedings further appeals.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Hello...you got divorce from family court. Your wife appeal before the High court. If High court dismissed the appeal ,she prefers to appeal before supreme court. Supreme court is final to decide the case...