What can be done if a girl falsely accuses me of threats online

In Cyber Crime Law
Sir, I girl on Instagram has falsely accused me of threatening to rape her and perpetrate an acid attack against her.I had commented on an Instagram post when she replied in abusive language.She messaged me on Instagram, sending me screenshots of her complaining to the Delhi police. While in reality I live in Karnataka and have never known the girl. Please help me. I'm really scared that I might be arrested for a crime I did not commit please help me sir.

Answers (2)

162 votes
Hi... if she wants to file a case against you she has to clearly give proof for the same to the police before lodging a complainant and after verfying the same police suppose to send notice to you and after that only f.i.r will be registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


208 votes
Nothing to worry if you hadn't used any abusive language or shown any intend to abuse or threaten her. Even if Delhi police can take the complaint unless some thick substance is found out as system logs, nothing is going to happen. If you have posted some abusive substance on pulse of moment, kindly approach the nearest advocate with the details of post. he will guide you

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."