×

Someone sending threatening calls and text want to take legal action

my friend tells me that every day for two months she has been receiving text messages to her mobile phone; the messages say she is ugly and include threats to come around and beat my friend up. They also contain images of my friend with nothing on and the sender threatens to forward the images to your friend's employer and parents. What advice would you give my friend and what is the protection offered under UK law?

In my considered opinion this is a Clear case of morphing, defamation and cyber stalking. The laws in this regard are very strict in the UK as the maximum punishment for such offences is 10 years since the amendment of 2012 made in protection from harassment act 1997. Stalking is taking place in the instant case because of harassment caused to your friend under section 2A of the aforesaid Act. Against this, there are two types of remedies. One under section 2B which is a criminal remedy and section 3 is a civil remedy by way of damages. I advise in your case, that you proceed for the criminal case by filing an application under section 2A read with section 4. So That the accused is finally convicted and restraint orders are passed against him

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore