Someone sending threatening calls and text want to take legal action

my friend tells me that every day for two months she has been receiving text messages to her mobile phone; the messages say she is ugly and include threats to come around and beat my friend up. They also contain images of my friend with nothing on and the sender threatens to forward the images to your friend's employer and parents. What advice would you give my friend and what is the protection offered under UK law?

Answers (1)

In my considered opinion this is a Clear case of morphing, defamation and cyber stalking. The laws in this regard are very strict in the UK as the maximum punishment for such offences is 10 years since the amendment of 2012 made in protection from harassment act 1997. Stalking is taking place in the instant case because of harassment caused to your friend under section 2A of the aforesaid Act. Against this, there are two types of remedies. One under section 2B which is a criminal remedy and section 3 is a civil remedy by way of damages. I advise in your case, that you proceed for the criminal case by filing an application under section 2A read with section 4. So That the accused is finally convicted and restraint orders are passed against him

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi sir My name is zeenath my husband got a call from and they said CV has shortlisted for job in Kuwait and asked to pay 3500 registration w…

Read More

Sir I would like to know if I can claim statutory damages for a photo that is being used by a website without my permission. If yes what is the proced…

Read More

Hi, I have recently registered a complaint in police station regarding my stolen laptop,I contacted the HP Laptop customer care,and they're asking…

Read More

Hi, recently have ordered a product called smart band to check my pulse, on 28th february 2017. I paid Rs.1649/- through online transaction.On 3rd Mar…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue