Prohibition of installation of CCTV in common areas.

Is there any law which prohibits installation of CCTV in cabins and meeting rooms in addition to the common areas.

No, there is no prohibition in law regarding installation of CCTV anywhere except where private day-to-day activities are conducted. if someone is stopping you from doing so, you can very well file a suit for injunction.

Greetings,

What I could presume is that you are referring to cabins, meeting rooms and common areas in your office.

A simple and direct answer to your query is that there is no law which prohibits installation of CCTV in common areas.

Right to Privacy versus Public Security!

Without going into details, your privacy can be protected in case a CCTV intrudes into your private space. However, considering that your office is not your private space, the company has the right to safeguard its interest by installing CCTVs.

Hope this answers your query.

Kabir Hazarika
Advocate, Delhi High Court

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers