Information Theft blame from company saying stolen company laptop

My ex-employer has given a case on me that I have stolen company laptop with company information. I explained the CCB that it was not my interest to take the company laptop as when I left the company my employer allowed me to take the laptop with me for the money which he owed me. Further I was also ready to give back the laptop which has not data. But they didn't take the laptop from me and asked me to leave. It's been a week now and no call from them. I don't know what is going on with this case and what should I do next?

Answers (2)

165 votes

You need to check whether the police have registered any case or not. In case they register a case you might need to take Anticipatory Bail - all depends whether cognizance is taken and under what sections

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

238 votes

Has your employer filed an FIR against you or a section 43 complaint? I can advice you only when I know which type of complaint is filed against you. If it is an FIR then it's a criminal case otherwise it is an unauthorised access complaint.
- Advocate Puneet Bhasin

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles