How can I be saved if there has been an FIR against me u/IT ACT 2008

23-Mar-2023 (In Cyber Crime Law)
Hi Sir, One of my friend shared a one Excel sheet to me throug his company mail to my gmail id.It will contains Ph no and mail ids of US people above 70+ numbers.They are who searching job in US. I will shared that data to my another friends Gmail. after that my friend compant will send notice to me as per IT ACT 2008.They file FIR only on me like it will confidencial data. It will call confidencial data or not.That data will access to all the employees in that company.?It will be NOn bailable Case. How i can over come this please advise .
Answers (1)

Answer #1
618 votes
The data you got from your friend is confidential. It was sticky Private and confidential. But your friend send this confidential data to your gmail and you shared this data to your friends. Its was absolutely crime for data breaching. If FIR filed against you under IT Act 2008 , you may appoint an advocate immediatly to prove your innocence or lack of knowledge in this case.
Better to approach an Advocate near you.
Thanks for your query. Good nyt

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."