Asking a doubt regarding violation of cyber crime of 67A of IT act2000

In Cyber Crime Law
If a person violated 67A of it act , 2000 the general time limit for filing chargesheet is how much years?? And can that person be arrested. after that time limit of chargesheet?

Answers (2)

302 votes
Under section 67a the police officials are authorised to arrest the accused person without any warrants or prior permission of the court. And if the FIR has been registered then they are duty bound to write down the chargesheet ASAP. But the time limit is set to a maximum of three years. For more legal assistance I am just a call away.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


182 votes
hello client as a matter of facts you have described here is about it act yes you are right the accussed who have not been arrested till charhesheet he can be arrest any time after chargesheet as well as at the time of finalization if chargesheet . as you have not described the full details of your issue pls full facta of the case so we can give you proper advice

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."