Wrongful arrest: Request for bail

In Criminal Law
Under Sec 21 (c)/29 of NDPS Act my brother was arrested on 16 Apr 2020 by local Police. We have lost our case in District Court and applied to Kolkata High Court. Wrongfully my brother arrested with his friends. But till date we can't release him. Already main accused has granted bail and my innocent brother presently in Jail. Please give suggestions what I do.

Answers (3)

87 votes

you have to apply for bail prayer petition in High Court again if rejected to grant bail again by the court is the chargesheet submitted by the police i need all the details what is your jurisdiction place...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes


I have been through your query but for answering you in a better way I need a few more details. Some key details are missing in the query and as such its not possible to guide you in a legal manner. 



Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
141 votes

in case the main accused has been already enlarged on bail then the district judge ought to have granted bail to your brother. that being said I think its a fit case to apply for bail from the high court. Its advisable that you get the case documents including the fir complaint seizure list arrest memo and bail orders of the main accused vetted by a lawyer of the high court and take it from there to get your brother out on bail.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at lawrato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at lawrato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at lawrato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"lawrato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles