Woman filed a case compelling to marry her whom never met before

I had a friend in Facebook and we used to speak casually but till the date we both haven't met each other. Once marriage proposal was rised but later I rejected it since I wasn't happy with the person after knowing much about her. She have now filed a police case stating that I have rejected her marriage proposal and she needs a reason for it. Police have contacted me to visit police station and give in writing. But I'm not really sure about what's really going on. I really don't wanna marry her since u have never met her. Is there any solution for this? Please help me with this which has taken me to commit sucide level. I'm really fustrated

Answers (4)

You don't give any thing in writing to the potlice station.If they record any statement / thing in to the police station ,Please not to sign any matter.It is always better to keep mum and keep contact your Advocate.and entire evidence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

No need to be so upset about it. You can safely go to police station and tell them that rejecting a marriage proposal is no crime, and you cannot be compelled to marry any one against your wishes.If she has a real case also she has to go to civil court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Sir, First I clarify that as per the law, nobody to compel to anybody to marriage except mis behavior with Girl. I suggest you that, you better to get anticipatory bail before going to give your statement to the Police officer towards her Complaint.

Dear client
Cool down you need not to worry and also you need not go to the station it is not necessary it is not an offense if go the station they will misuse the situation you have facing now , marriage can't be compel by one.if may file against you in station you may take anticipatry bail by courtof law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello from trichy on 2009 iam married to Mr. Sakthi sudhan after 22days he harass me because of my family situation I have continued my married life b…

Read More

My brother is married to a girl for two and half years, she is neither interested in taking care of my parents nor a joint family and did not come to …

Read More

I stay separate from my husband since last 2 years. One guy he is my colleague after knowing all approached me for remarry . I filed divorce once I mo…

Read More

He said to mrry me since from 2009 but I rejected.whn I fnshd my pg n came to bijapur agin he cld me n said as same.one day he come t my room when no …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue