Wife relatives threatening her to sign the property paper what to do.

Recently my wife and his brother was assaulted in their home by their relatives, This was to force them to agree to sign a property document in their name. We had filed a complaint but did not request the police to file FIR as they were relatives. After one week they are now threatening us that they will get us killed by giving supari to rowdy & by filing false atrocity case against us. My wife is a nursing mother with a 40 day old baby, Her father has passed away and her brother and mother stays alone and is supported for living by me. This has been very mentally stressful for the entire family. How should i proceed further.

Answers (3)

330 votes

I understand your concern, and your worries are justified, especially with a nursing mother and a 40day old kid. Per my experiance at least 90% a times, things get resolved by talking them out in the right environment. I suggest you to call up her relatives (not all, identify the person who is an influencer or the one you want to talk to) and figure out the reasons, logic and identify what is the root cause for this issue. Check if any debt or loan against this property or other financial commitment is involved for such a event that has occurred. If you are convinced by the logic take action accordingly, else the next best action will be to consult a lawyer in your city / location and file the case accordingly, since they are your relative and you dont want to take any drastic step, the first step will be to send them a legal notice and warn them to stay quite else you will have to take an action. If this too does not work and you find further advances from them, go ahead with legal action. Threatening to kill is a crime, It is called intimidation to cause death and is punishable under IPC 506 with upto 7 years of imprisonment. While there are grave steps that can be taken, my first suggestion is to talk to them either you can do so or engage a lawyer who on behalf of you can talk and try resolve the case.

Sonia Rajesh

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

Only remedy law knows is that you should file a police complaint narrating all the facts in detail - date wise. If the police hesitate to register FIR due to influence from the other side, then you may approach higher authorities. But you must file complaint.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
273 votes

Dear Sir / Madam,
Even if you requested police to file an FIR, they would not have filed. But, filing a FIR is the solution to resolve the issue else issue will not be resolved. You can approach a lawyer for taking up this case forward.

Adv. Niranjan.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles