Wife filed false complaint under 498a and divorce

02-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I have given Parawise reply to NRI CELL to the complaint under 498a with proofs on every point of complaint as the the complaint is unfounded and without any basis just to harass me and my family members. The complainant family wants to extort money from me on these unfounded complaints but I m sure they can’t prove their complaint as it is false. Before making complaint under 498, my wife also filed divorce papers in the court.IF I DON’t agree to their demand for money under settlement in the committee meeting, can the committee recommend for FIR. If still the committee recommends for FIR, what legal recourse do I have. CAN I ALSO MOVE COURT WHERE MY WIFE HAS FILED DIVORCE PAPERS TO CLUB THIS Complaint case with divorce case ? SHE HAS ALSO TAKEN WITH HER ALL JEWELLARY INCLUDING GIFTED BY ME/MY FAMILY. WHAT CAN I DO?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
537 votes
Court cannot force you to pay money to her as a settlement amount, but court can grant maintenance amount to her for her maintenance. You must contest the divorce case and if you want to carry your marriage you can file petition under section 9 of the Hindu marriage Act for the restitution of conjugal rights.
Answer #2
789 votes
Hi there, this is very common phenomenon these days. Welfare committee however of no worth on many places. Role of members of welfare committee has been questioned on many cities. Nothing can be said or commented on this that what will they do? But if they recommend the FIR will remain operative and further investigation will be continued. If the committee is satisfied that nothing in the allegations it can be rejected by them and FIR will be cancelled.
However, it can not be predicted that what the results will be.
You should tell me that what ground of divorce she alleged. Only then I can do further help.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."