Wife filed false complaint, any effect on government job?

16-Jun-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Due to marital discord with my wife, she has given a written complaint against me in CAW Cell, PS Kirti Nagar. The complaint attracts sections 498A, 406, 376, 377 etc. As on date, social counselling will start in the next week. My question is being a government employee, will I be suspended? Will I be arrested? Has the criminal complaint against me would, in any kind, affect my career growth?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
800 votes
Your carrer willnot be affected however now there is a provision of antisepetary bail where bail is granted nd u will not b arrested but the contents of FIR plays a crutial role . That can affect grant of bail. 376 section is of rape nd its very serious allegation so hire a lawyer nd continue. You can contact me as and when needed here to assists you with d same
People also ask

How to respond when someone accuses you of something you didn t do?

Keep Calm. ... Hiring an attorney to help you fight back is a great idea. ... Gather evidence. ... Challenge the accusers credibility. ... Find your own witnesses and present evidence of your side of the story. ... Create a Strategy for Criminal Defense Cases.

How do you defend yourself against false accusations?

Be aware of the severity of the allegations. ... Understanding the cost of defense is important. ... Intervene before charges. ... Take no action. ... Collect any documents and physical evidence. ... Get the contact information of witnesses. ... Investigation. ... Plea bargain

Answer #2
962 votes
[6/22, 6:59 PM] Nana Jio: It may affect govt servant till it is proved false one. It also depends on the nature&type of complaint. Definite can not be in absence of details.
[6/22, 8:19 PM] Nana Jio: If the complaint case is of moralturpitude then it affect the govt. job. Moralturpitude relates to offence against woman, murder, misappropriation of govt property&so on.

Answer #3
949 votes
A person is deemed innocent until proven guilty.
Need not worry on that front.
If govt. take any action then you can file a case against the govt.
Feel free for any legal help in the case filed by your wife.
All the best

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."