What is the procedure to lodge a complaint

Hi, I would like to know what is the procedure for reporting chain snatching and will i be needing lawyer to carry it forward

Answers (3)

239 votes

Yess you may required to had a help from lawyer. Initially you will have to visit a local police station and give your written complaint if the officer don't register your FIR then after 5 to 10 day visit to sp of your concern district give your written complaint to him and if they don't order to lodge fir then consult district court advocate he file an application under 156 3 and your case will be registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

276 votes

You can write down on a peice of paper the date time and place of occurence of incidence . Also ; mention particulars such as how many person were there ; vehicle details color number make and any other details. You can submit the report to police station in person .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
74 votes

Hi ..Off course you can large a FIR against any crime of commission against you and for this you do not need any lawyer necessarily ..Yes but one thing is there if you are approaching an advocate then it will be beneficial in future of that act

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles