Wants to file case against girl's parents for forcible marriage on her

Sir Me and my Girlfriend are of legal marriage age. I am making good money but her parents are forcing her for arrange marriage. She tried 3 months to convince her parents but of no success. Now they have taken her Cellphone and house arrested her. She has no option but to marry by will of her parents. But forced marriage is illegal. I have all the proofs that she loves me and her parents are torturing her. Can i file a forced marriage case on her parents. I have all recordings of her telling me about all harrassment done to her by parents. Please advice me on this matter. Thank you

Answers (3)

Dear questioner, since you are legally entitled to get married. Nobody can take this right away from you. Even in the latest judgement of the apex court the hon'ble Supreme Court court held that a girl can marry a guy of her own choice.
So, you can make a complaint to 198.i mean the girl can file a police complaint and seek the legal help.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

I'm really moved by your love story but there isn't any single provision in Indian law that gives you this right over your so-called girlfriend to file a case against his own family. Before marriage who are you to her gentleman. To the most, the girl should come and give complaint in writing to police against torture. Unless this happens you'll remain butt of jokes in the society. Let her do the action not you. Sorry for being too blunt but now get use to it because you are in love my boy!

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Their is no provision in law to file case as you desire but if the girl took stand and doesn't want to marry with the person as decided by her parents then she can file complaint against parents and perform marriage with whom she want

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, my father gave me a house, my name recorded in gram panchayat records since 1978. I'm paying water & house taxes also. Due to my sister i…

Read More

Hello Sir, I am from Kolkata. I work in a govt nationalised bank as a PO. Few months ago my family found a girl for marriage and they told her family …

Read More

I had a muslim girlfriend in 2007-09 and we made a physical relation after that I met her 3-4times in 2010 then after 3 yr communication gap she said …

Read More

I had an affair with a boy since 2007, but now from last 6 months he is not talking to we had physical relation in the past as a result I had an abort…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue