Want to settle the matter of theft and get bail

Theft in house (gold ornaments). Police caught the theif.Accussed booked under IPC Sec 380. FIR has been lodged. He is a distant relative. We wanted to settle the matter and pardon him for once. What are the chances that he will get a bail? what are the procedures he need to follow.

Answers (2)

168 votes

You can pardon him . But courts can not. Police can not. Theft is a crime . He needs to face the music. You can make your statements favorable to him while making charge sheet. It is not good practice and not good for the society.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

134 votes

Ok. You can settle the issue but you have to file FIR quash petition in High Court with all reasons. He can get bail. You better to consult a lawyer nearby you and seek his assistance for bail and quashing of FIR in HC

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My wife's photographs were taken by my new landlord while doing household work to trap me in on a fight which we did not get into, instead made an…

Read More

Hi Is there any way to withdraw a criminl case. The case is taken by the police. Now the both sides are ready to compromise..the charges are143,147,14…

Read More

sir I have filled a complained against a person who had made my fakeaccount on fb and was posting my pic from my past relation and was blackmailing me…

Read More

Session court Mumbai is hearing a criminal matter u/s 307 can the accused start construction on the ancestral property the division of which has not t…

Read More