Want to settle the matter of theft and get bail

Theft in house (gold ornaments). Police caught the theif.Accussed booked under IPC Sec 380. FIR has been lodged. He is a distant relative. We wanted to settle the matter and pardon him for once. What are the chances that he will get a bail? what are the procedures he need to follow.

You can pardon him . But courts can not. Police can not. Theft is a crime . He needs to face the music. You can make your statements favorable to him while making charge sheet. It is not good practice and not good for the society.

Ok. You can settle the issue but you have to file FIR quash petition in High Court with all reasons. He can get bail. You better to consult a lawyer nearby you and seek his assistance for bail and quashing of FIR in HC