Want to reduce the punishment for criminal case

pocso,sec,6.ipc.366.376,302 case done by lawyer but no evidence for survive what we do the next step for low punishment ?

Dear Querist

First of all you will have to contact good lawyer and study the ingredients for invoking POCSO. If your case does not fall with the provisions of POCSO then by representing the same to the concerned Court you can get the punishment reduced. Otherwise there is no chance for reducing the punishment if POCSO is applicable as the Courts do not grant mercy or take lenient view because of the stringent provisions as this is a very critical law especially for social justice and justice for poor, downtrodden and helpless people especially children.

the age, circumstances and dependents, antecedents of the accused may help to lower the punishment if the Learned Judge is convinced with the same......but there is rare chance. So hope better in Appeal

Adv. Suneeta Shukla

If there are solid grounds and reasons, a petition for commutation (reduction) of a sentence can be filed with the appropriate government department.

On the other hand, a criminal appeal can be preferred in the High Court to set aside the conviction in whole if there is no solid evidence for a conviction.