Want to reduce the punishment for criminal case

pocso,sec,6.ipc.366.376,302 case done by lawyer but no evidence for survive what we do the next step for low punishment ?

Answers (3)

105 votes

Dear Querist

First of all you will have to contact good lawyer and study the ingredients for invoking POCSO. If your case does not fall with the provisions of POCSO then by representing the same to the concerned Court you can get the punishment reduced. Otherwise there is no chance for reducing the punishment if POCSO is applicable as the Courts do not grant mercy or take lenient view because of the stringent provisions as this is a very critical law especially for social justice and justice for poor, downtrodden and helpless people especially children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

96 votes

the age, circumstances and dependents, antecedents of the accused may help to lower the punishment if the Learned Judge is convinced with the same......but there is rare chance. So hope better in Appeal

Adv. Suneeta Shukla

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
86 votes

If there are solid grounds and reasons, a petition for commutation (reduction) of a sentence can be filed with the appropriate government department.

On the other hand, a criminal appeal can be preferred in the High Court to set aside the conviction in whole if there is no solid evidence for a conviction.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

How many years have to serve by a offender in life imprisonment sentence…

Read More

I have been harassed by my father because of his mind set since im a child.I want to leave him but he is saying that he will torture my mother if i do…

Read More

Sir I payrd fine in court by gambling of 150 rupees.now I am selected for govt.job.so I am eligible for this job or not.if I mention this case what ha…

Read More

I have got cheated from job consultancy services, they charged some amount for offering job. she use to call me from delhi, i just wanna know who i ca…

Read More