Someone stolen bike of employee filed a complaint against employer

i was working as manager in a shop in a mall, one of my employees bike got stolen from the parking of the mall so he has accused me of that and was demanding compensation from me which i dined , also to mentioned that we are tenant of the mall and have no no control on its parking , this person had registered a FIR against me without informing me , Now after more than 2 years i came to know about it when i was called by the IO of the case , I had presented my statement as i have to do nothing with it. what should i do now i have moved to some other city and also changed my job in the mean time ,also i have qualified for a govt job and might get appointed by march 18 please help me with your advise i am really tensed about my career

Answers (3)

320 votes

If FIR has been lodged against you then first of all do onething just get the copy of FIR or crime number of that case and take any lawyer assistance by which you can safely talk to that IO of the case and you have to only conclude it with final report in your favour.
It is the safe way bcoz as you have said that you are selected in govt. job then any kind of FIR will affect you badly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

124 votes

As per the matter u described above u r not responsible for bike theft and police also can’t make u accused in thos matter but if he loadge police report on any other false allegations than u should mention that in ur query for correct reply bcoz without reading any paper when matter is already under investigation it’s not proper to advice any thing

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
100 votes

fistly handed over all dacuments to invastigation officer regarding tenancy in mall and other dacuments showing yor innocency and alsosome witness of mall.requst the i.o. to submit final report clossing the case. if failed to do so then file a petion in high court for apropriate relif.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles