Self defence in case some one enter in my house to harm me

Can I shot someone who entered in my home to harm me and I am not aware whether he is carrying any weapon with him or not?

Sir/Madam
The right to private defence is available under the Indian Penal Code, however, the situation as enumerated by you needs to considered in factual matrix as it would be attracting various provisions under IPC. For further queries, kindly contact the undersigned.
Regards
Shreya Sinha, Advocate

You can take appropriate action if someone enter your house to harm you. Yes you can shoot him also in case he takes out some arm to harm you. In case he can be over powered, you don't have to kill him. You can immobile him to take any action. If something has happened like that, pl. call to discuss to enable us to give you a most suitable reply.

To prove that he barged into ur home to harm u is subject to trial.
Court would decide the case on the basis of facts and circumstances.....
An opinion cannot be rendered hypothetically.
If there is a case in hand, please meet a lawyer with all details.
Minute details should be shared

The words which you have told here shows that you have intention to kill someone and the act which is done with criminal intent is not excused by the law well there are certain exceptions for that but in your case it will not be applicable

Dear client,
No, in such circumstances you can not shoot any one.
you can exercise the 'right of private defence' in a condition where the offender is going to attack upon you with a dangerous weapon and you will die if remain silent.