Seeking legal advice regarding Civil as well as criminal offense

17-Apr-2024 (In Criminal Law)
There was this guy whom I liked and he was in some sorta trouble and in need of money so I lent him... he did exercise undue influence over me... he gave me a date to repay back but he failed so I said that I'll sue him... so he started blackmailing me that he'll disclose the private chats to my Dad Then I went to the cops and file a complaint against him But cops can't help to recover the sum instead they can take the criminal actions against him what should I do.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
947 votes
Exactly under which sections are you thinking to file a complaint. can you please give the details. You can recover the money if you can get a cheque from him then you can file a cheque bounce case.

If he is threatening you , you can file a case of criminal intimidation & also file a defamation suit against him. Moreover if private chats are leaked then you can file a case under 292 IPC too
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
933 votes
if you want to recover the money and you do have given the complaint to police. Then the criminal actions can take place against him so why are so not going for it. Or there might be some issue going on between you regarding your personal life which he is claiming to disclose. so you have to be clear what you ask for
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
869 votes
First of all rather than going legally you should serve him/her a legal notice and in that notice you can write that either pay my money or face legal action which will be at your own risk. After that if he/she fails to give you a satisfactory reply then you can anytime file a recovery suit in the court to claim your money back along with compensations.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
973 votes
if you have the present address of the person then you can file a suit for recovery of money and get the amount back. prior to that it is suggested that send him a legal notice for the same so that there is a reply by him regarding the assurance. Criminal action can be taken by the police but recovery of amount can be done by the courts only
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
624 votes
you can initiate civil action to recover your debt if you can prove it. it's time taking but can work. much can be said after having full details. you can also approach meditation before filling the matter in commercial court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."