Remedy in case friend is sending abusive messages

MY friend gave me his credit card an year back, I used it and as I was unable to pay the complete amount at once, I have been paying monthly minimums and even though I am paying the monthly minimum , he is sending abusive messages asking me to send more money, I am now feeling nervous to even look at the phone and unable to sleep with the thought he might call me , it is taking a heavy toll on my health and work, what should I do please advice

Answers (3)

180 votes

for using abusive language and sledging of messages you can file a complaint under section 500 and 499 of ipc and you can file a case against your friend for such defamatory regards and you can file a complaint with the magistrate under section 200 crpc

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

233 votes

Clear all your credit card dues immediately and return the card to your friend politely. Seems he is good person that is the reason he is keeping messages to pay the dues. If put any case against by using unauthorised transactions.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
93 votes

Hello i had read your query, please file a police complaint on him to the nearest police station where you reside, they will take necessary action on them.once you make the complaint your problem will be solved.for further assistance you can call me at any time .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles