Regarding Bail Application in section 420 , 379 and 411

09-Jan-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Dear Sir, My friends in judicial custody from more 60 days in the section 379 , 411 , 420. His bail application is pending at High Court. Police has not been submit he chargeseet in 60 days. Can we apply bail at Session court also as chargesheet not submitted with in 60 days. how to argue bail application under section 379/411 ipc cases?

Answer #1

Default Bail refers to the right which accrues in favour of an accused to seek release on bail, upon failure of the police authority to complete the investigation within a prescribed period, as per Section 167 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. In the present case, you may withdraw the bail application pending before the High Court and file a subsequent bail application before the Sessions Court. It is also advisable to engage the services of an experienced lawyer, well-versed in the court craft and with knowledge of how to argue a bail application under section 379/411 IPC cases.