Rape charges. How to proceed ?

In Criminal Law
A guy raped me by drugging me.Then he made a video & obtained my consent Everytime by threatening to leak the video.His brother used to threaten me with dire consequences if I resort to legal actions.They forced me so much that I had attempted to suicide.Will he be punished under law or court will give a decision of marriage

Answers (3)

328 votes

he will be booked for offence for rape and other sections and it is better to file a police complaint, every video will be seized and they will be arrested so don't be afraid, you can take assistance of advocate and file a police complaint, the court will not give any decision regarding marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

262 votes

Mam, where there is a right there is remedy. Your sex is your asset, so no one can take away the sex of you without your consent. having the sex with you by ingenious methods is offence. Doing so, under the Indian Penal Code amounts to offence punishable with life imprisonment and fine
Instead of seeking remedy like this go to an officer of the cadre of Deputy Superintend of Police. Karnataka police definitely come to your rescue. Your committal of suicide may not lead to punish him. Don't be haste. Wise thinking would lead to success. Good Luck.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
108 votes

Hi, You should have filed rape case against the person with near by police station. If police refuse to file FIR then you may approach a lawyer to file PCR against the officer. Court can not give judgement to both of you to get married but it would punish. There are many legal process involved in this.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles