Query regarding 354C, 345D and 67A against ex-boyfriend for harassment

29-Oct-2023 (In Criminal Law)
My ex boyfriend harassed me for over a year, I finally filed an FIR against him and he was arrested under IPC 354C, 354D and 67A. He's out on bail right now, but I want him to get the punishment he deserves when the time comes as I'm scared for my safety. He confessed to everything when he was arrested. Should I hire a lawyer or will the proof I've given and his confession be enough for him to get prosecuted?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
521 votes
His confession given is never enough since he may tomorrow claim that it was extracted under coercion by the Police. You have already filed the FIR/Complaint with the Police. Hence, the matter will go to Court once the Police file their charge-sheet. The term of punishment for both offences is 1 years and 3 years respectively and hence the bail. If it were more serious, bail would have been denied to him. nevertheless, please contact a capable criminal lawyer to take advice which you will need when your cross examination as a Prosecution Witness commences.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
870 votes
Hello Dear Client, 1) i would like to ask you that this incident is for 1st time or 2nd time,
2) If you have mention in your FIR that you have fear of your life from your boyfriend then without wasting time go to court against your boyfriend.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
859 votes
After filing of the FIR the case becomes a State case and the State prosecutes the accused for the offences which he is charged for. The state appoints a Public Prosecutor and you don't have to appoint one.

There is a provision in the Code which enables you to appoint an Advocate to assist the Public Prosecutor. You can avail this option.

Once the trial starts, you will be called as a witness, where you will have to depose before the Court what happened between you and how he harassed you. You will be cross-examined by the Advocate appointed by the Accused, that is, you ex. Based on this evidence the Court will arrive at a conclusion whether your ex is guilty or not.

PS: The life in the Jail is terrible. A person's life is completely ruined once he suffers a punishment. I implore you to introspect whether you want the accused to punished for his misdeeds or for being your ex.

Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
654 votes
you should hire a lawyer his confession before police is not count as confession its just for formality so if you want to punish him for what he did with you and want to teach him a lesson than as per me you should hire a lawyer.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."