Procedure to withdraw the criminal case

I was given a written complaint under 420,but now I going to abroad, so I can't continue this case, and want to widrow this case,? I what is the procedure of this case?

Answers (3)

222 votes


In this case, you can't settle the case expeditiously other than in the High Court, as it will take more time in the lower court, which you have to wait till the filing of Charge Sheet also. If you get a copy of the FIR or Charge sheet and the affidavit of the defacto complainant, the case can be quashed in the High Court with in 7-8 days.


PT Sheejish

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

277 votes

whether the F.I.R is registered or not?. you can compound the case. or file a Crl M.C to the Hon'ble high court to quash the further proceedings. these are the procedures. if police is not registered the case till now don't worry inform the police that you are not interested to continue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
254 votes

There are many stages in a criminal case. Without knowing stage of the case, an Advocate will not able to tell u the exact procedure. And you have to mention whether your case is based on private complaint or police case

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles