Procedure to withdraw the criminal case

I was given a written complaint under 420,but now I going to abroad, so I can't continue this case, and want to widrow this case,? I what is the procedure of this case?

In this case, you can't settle the case expeditiously other than in the High Court, as it will take more time in the lower court, which you have to wait till the filing of Charge Sheet also. If you get a copy of the FIR or Charge sheet and the affidavit of the defacto complainant, the case can be quashed in the High Court with in 7-8 days.

Regards,

PT Sheejish
Advocate,
Ernakulam

whether the F.I.R is registered or not?. you can compound the case. or file a Crl M.C to the Hon'ble high court to quash the further proceedings. these are the procedures. if police is not registered the case till now don't worry inform the police that you are not interested to continue.

There are many stages in a criminal case. Without knowing stage of the case, an Advocate will not able to tell u the exact procedure. And you have to mention whether your case is based on private complaint or police case