Procedure to transfer a case which is under Trial

Hi, I was married in Alwar Rajasthan. My in-laws n family resides there. Husband & I were residing in Dubai.. there was immense dowry harassment and domestic violence. With all evidence and proofs I was filed 498a at my parental city Bhopal MP. The FIR is registered under "0" . I meantime I have received a lot of death threatening calls. How can I transfer my jurisdiction from Rajasthan to mp. Expect for 498a, DV what all other cases can I strongly put against them so that they shall be punished.

Answers (4)

115 votes

In drafting of complaint, Cause of action must have been shown at mp , so the case would have been registered there.
Also a Case u/s 125 criminal.p.c. Can be instituted In mp court, to make pressure.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

You can transfer the case through filling petition in supreme court for transfer the case, require to mention urgency then summon to another party, if respondent not attended then ex party will be done.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
78 votes

Hello, In 498A matters an FIR can be filed where the Act has been committed or in a continuing series of Act, it must be in a Series. You can file a 482 Petition for Transfer of an FIR. Normally a '0' FIR is registered by Police in such cases. and after registration, FIR is transferred to concerned PS.

There are lot of Judgments regarding this
Sonu and others Vs. Govt of NCT of Delhi and another.

In a Latest SC judgment, in which SC says that if teh effects ensued at her paternal place, then 498A is maintainable.

Sunita Kumari Kashyap vs. State Of Bihar and Anr.
11 April 2011

156 votes

You have to file transfer petition to the supreme court by showing your difficulties. Supreme court is the only court which can transfer the cases from one state tonanother. For further information contact us.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles