Procedure to file for adultery against husband while divorce pending

i was married to my huband in 2000 as hindu rites. My husband filed divorce case 3 years back, now i came to now that he has fathered a child from some woman. what step can i take against my husband. how can i file for bigamy. DV and crpc 125 is under court.

Answers (3)

191 votes

what you first need to do is, gather all the proofs of the second marriage of ur husband , and then you can straight file a case against him in the court of appropriate jurisdiction.
even otherwise dv and 125 crpc is pending you can subsidingly initiate a case for bigamy against your husband

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

321 votes

The divorce case which you are contesting is filed by your husband on grounds you have not mentioned. Secondly what has come to your knowledge will only strengthen your will to divorce him, but now it will be with a rider " to have him convicted" with various sections of IPC.
You can file a separate case against your husband for bigamy etc considering to fact that maintenance suit in future need to be taken care off seperately.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
81 votes

Please confirm if the divorce has been granted or it is still pending. If divorce has been granted and thereafter a son has born out of relationship with another lady then no issue. However, if divorce has not been granted then you can lodge an FIR. If you have all the proof then you can also file a complaint case. Get in touch with a good lawyer and he/she will guide you with this.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles