Procedure to file a case against would be in laws for dowry demand

we bolong to a hindu family .my sister was engaged to a boy in panipat on 04.06.2017 since the date her future father and in law started demanding dowory on the name of ritiuals and their status symbol.his go on for 7 month .the marriage date was fixed on 22.01.2018 all prepration was done and invitation was distibuted from their and our side .on 17.01.2018 they cancled the wedding saying that we are canceling as you not doing anything for our family .even through we have spent approx 6 lakhs on the engagment and more than 4 lakh was spent on booking till the date they canceled the wedding what I should do in this case.

Answers (2)

Against the illicit demands of stridhan or dowry and also for recovery of the money which had been already given upon the demands of her would be in laws you can approach both civil and criminal courts

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In which city u belong...first of all you have to go near police station and file a complaint to the shop of police station..if he did not register the fir you have to come in the city court and through your counsel file a private criminal complaint..and in which one application move to ssp and women cell of your city...

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi,I had arranged marriage through on Jan 2016.After marriage my husband was very violent to me and i registered FIR(498 A).Later he gave w…

Read More

Boy promised me to marry and kept with me for 3 months. Thereafter he and his father asked me to leave the house. He maintained physical relation on t…

Read More

A married man (registered marriage with first wife) in a relationship and a child was born out of the relationship. They never performed marriage ritu…

Read More

Hi I am a male and 24 years old. I did some mild flirting with a female co-worker ( She was looking good at the marriage function and she looks her be…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue