×

Procedure to file a case against would be in laws for dowry demand

we bolong to a hindu family .my sister was engaged to a boy in panipat on 04.06.2017 since the date her future father and in law started demanding dowory on the name of ritiuals and their status symbol.his go on for 7 month .the marriage date was fixed on 22.01.2018 all prepration was done and invitation was distibuted from their and our side .on 17.01.2018 they cancled the wedding saying that we are canceling as you not doing anything for our family .even through we have spent approx 6 lakhs on the engagment and more than 4 lakh was spent on booking till the date they canceled the wedding what I should do in this case.

Against the illicit demands of stridhan or dowry and also for recovery of the money which had been already given upon the demands of her would be in laws you can approach both civil and criminal courts

In which city u belong...first of all you have to go near police station and file a complaint to the shop of police station..if he did not register the fir you have to come in the city court and through your counsel file a private criminal complaint..and in which one application move to ssp and women cell of your city...

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore