Procedure to close the case filed for drinking alcohol in public

Dear sir, Case has been filed against me for drinking alcohol in public place. How long it takes to close case and how to close this.

If the offence is committed in haryana then u can do confession before the court and court will impose the fine of Rs. 100- 200 and dispose the case. If u want to contest the case then it will take a period of 1.5 or 2 years or early according to court.

As per Delhi Excise Act, you are required to pay upto 5000/- before Magistrate for drinking alcohol in public area. The case will be immediately closed, upfront on payment of the fine levied by magistrate. HOpe you may have not done any nuisance, as for nuisance it may increase upto 10000/-. There is no imprisonment. YOu may or may not required to appoint a lawyer. The Magistrate or judge may reduce the fine, depends on your behaviour and assurance that you won't repeat this mistake.