Procedure to close the case filed for drinking alcohol in public

Dear sir, Case has been filed against me for drinking alcohol in public place. How long it takes to close case and how to close this.

Answers (2)

274 votes

If the offence is committed in haryana then u can do confession before the court and court will impose the fine of Rs. 100- 200 and dispose the case. If u want to contest the case then it will take a period of 1.5 or 2 years or early according to court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

132 votes

As per Delhi Excise Act, you are required to pay upto 5000/- before Magistrate for drinking alcohol in public area. The case will be immediately closed, upfront on payment of the fine levied by magistrate. HOpe you may have not done any nuisance, as for nuisance it may increase upto 10000/-. There is no imprisonment. YOu may or may not required to appoint a lawyer. The Magistrate or judge may reduce the fine, depends on your behaviour and assurance that you won't repeat this mistake.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles