Procedure to claim for free legal aid for harassment case in Mumbai

My husband is very innocent, I hav every proof like eyewitness, cctv footage... The only thing which I don't hav is money. The other party is very rich.. And hav political contacts... They are harassing us everyday... Is there any lawyer who can fight for us free of cost.. Later on we will fight for maanhani and then that lawyer take the money

Answers (2)

205 votes

You can file case for restitution and can move for maintenance under Sec 125 of CrPc and under Sec 18 of Hindu Adoption and maintenance Act. Also if suppose they are habitual so you can file criminal complaint under IPC.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

You can approach legal aid cell in court where you will be filling your case where they will guide you and assist you with your matter free of cost. You can also approach NGO's who can assist you with your needs.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles