Procedure for anticipatory bail against dowry harassment case filed

My aunty in law had filed a false dowry case against my family member by how much time can we get anticipatory bail and what shall we do further to get a proper solution for it

Answers (5)

64 votes

You are advice to file anticipatory bail in the High court if you are relative of the informant then bail shall be allowed in favour of you . You get the photo copy of FIR from the court to file bail .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

182 votes

Anticipatory bail is not a right of accused. It is a judicial discretion.
So far allegations of dowry or other matrimonial offences there is guidelines of Supreme Court wherein police shall go for due inquiry by giving opportunity to other side and if on its inquiry police will satisfy itself that there are chances of absconding, tampering evidence, terrorizing witnesses or committing similar type of offence during pendency of trial than only take the accused to custody.
Moreover because of Sec. 41 Cr. P. C. Police itself is empowered to release the accused without sending him to jail.
So to me thinking of anticipatory bail in instant case is not necessary.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
120 votes

Time issue is there for sure. It's not like filing the case and getting the bail order immediately. It will most probably take minimum 25 days in the case. Therefore, if you are prepared for filing anticipatory bail, hurry up, appoint an advocate. Till you don't get the order from the High Court, abscond/ hide yourself from the police. Make sure the police don't arrest you orelse your anticipatory bail case will be dismissed.

261 votes

You have to mention under which sections of IPC the case has been filed. Whether it is registered in police station or directly before the Court .
If matter registered as FOR then you may go for anticipatory bail .contact a good lawyer.

327 votes

It depends on the gravity of allegation , none can guarantee you the time limit and results but can try his best. You contact a lawyer as soon as possible .....................................................

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles