Party filed false case and did not show up in the court on date

Hi, I need to know if some one has filed a wrong case on someone. and when the court summons both the parties on a date and the one who filed this case does not appear on the specified date then what will happen?

Answers (2)

160 votes

It will take time....if the complainant does not come court issues notice...n if after will take all steps to serve complainant n appear before it......n if still complainant does not come the court either closes the evidence or dismissed the case as default

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

Dear Sir / Mam,

Actually it depends purely on the nature and facts of the case. If the case is complaint case and the complainant was not appearing nor represented by any other person / counsel then the Magistrate will close the case (dismissed at default). And if the case is State case / FIR then PP / APP will assist the court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles