Notice To Only PP Or Private Advocate Engaged By Complainant?

In Criminal Law
If the complainant had engaged a private advocate to assist the public prosecutor with the permission of court then after that if we file any petition in the court, do we need to serve the notice to that advocate as well or just public prosecutor ?

Answers (2)

245 votes

You need not send the notice to the private advocate as the said case is a state case and your obligation is to serve the PP eho is representing the state which is the opposite party in your case.
For more information feel free to have a word with us, all the very best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

102 votes


When you have hired advocate then you should take him into confidence and engage him in all your matter as he will guide you on each and every step so it's better to involve him in all the litigations that you are starting.

Thanks and regards

Ramit Sehrawat

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles