No action by police After FIR lodged for theft of mobile phones.

There is theft incident was happen at my home. Only mobile phones was stolen by thieve. FIR was lodge but still no action has been taken by police. What should I do ?

Answers (4)

313 votes


You can move application u/s 156(2) cr.P.C to request court to compel police to either file status report or final report. either case the police will have to answer to the court about the status of your case..
Feel free to contact for further information/query.
Thanks & Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

167 votes

Hi ,

In your case, you have to take follow up with the Police authorities for the same. Need to know it is thefted with sim or not?
if it is thefted with sim, than first report the Mobile operators, and then give the police the original bill of the mobile phones.
Hope this resolve the issue

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
97 votes

Dear Querist,

If there is FIR lodged in your case the police personnel has the duty to intimate the Magistrate about the status of the FIR and the details of the investigation and kindly say whether do you have the copy of the FIR. You may also get the soft copy of the FIR from the net.

322 votes

Hi, you are suggested to contact the IO of the case and request him for the fast actions. If nothing is done by him, you may approach the higher police officials of the district. You may also approach the court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles