Need advice on selling ancestral property

Dear legal experts, My father in law has been selling out all the properties acquired from his father without my husband's knowledge. When asked why, he says we don't have any rights to question him. Is it legally fine to sell away one's ancestral properties without their children's knowledge? Please advise.

Answers (1)

Yes if it is ancestral property that your husband can file a partition suit against your father in law before the competent court .Further you must verify that is there any will deed or is there any other document .Thank advocate Sugumar

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I would like to ask an information in a particular case of mine friend, she was a student of engineering from 2009 to 2013, where she has been faced a…

Read More

There is a girl who is a hookah smoker and i have some proofs against her. These include some of her pictures with her friends where she is sitting an…

Read More

can a guy get punished if he abussed a girl before 10 years but she was so young that time niw she came to know and she wants to fight for it…

Read More

section 467 and 34 is used in which kind of cases (property related) and charges framed under these section's imprisonment of minimum and maximum time…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue