Need advice on selling ancestral property

Dear legal experts, My father in law has been selling out all the properties acquired from his father without my husband's knowledge. When asked why, he says we don't have any rights to question him. Is it legally fine to sell away one's ancestral properties without their children's knowledge? Please advise.

Yes if it is ancestral property that your husband can file a partition suit against your father in law before the competent court .Further you must verify that is there any will deed or is there any other document .Thank advocate Sugumar

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli