My neighbour is giving death threats and creating nuisances

21-May-2024 (In Criminal Law)
We have a common passage way with my neighbour, where he is littering, creating hazards in the passage way. When we are protesting about it, my neighbour is giving death treats to my mother that he will chop my mother's head. He is cursing us, insulting us and continuous threating. He is kicking our doors and creating a fearful environments. We did a GD in the police station. I have audio/video recordings of cursing and photos of the hazards & littering. What can be done legally in this case?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
958 votes
You can immediately lodge a case before the Executive Magistrate seeking a restraining order against the perpetrators under section 144(2) crpc.
This will activate the police to take action and submit a report before the Court.

Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."