My abusive narcissistic father beats me and my mother

23-May-2024 (In Criminal Law)
My mother is scared , he bears her and mentally abuses her ,I am grown up right now I am 26 , can I sue him for abusing me when I was a kid ,

Answer #1
your mother is scared of whom. have you given any complaint regarding that. what preventive measures you have taken. abusing you when you were a kid of what kind. how long it had been to be in this situation
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Are you a boy or girl ? Whether your father just mentally abused you or sexually abused you when you were a child . Your mother can file a domestic violence and sec 498A Indian penal code against your father
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
You and Your mother both should stand for your rights. You can file a criminal complaint and a domestic violence complaint case against him. Also, you can demand various remedies like compensation, maintenance and protection from the court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
If you have suffered the Violence from your father, it will come under domestic abuse. However, the nature of the violence as stated needs to be ascertained to devise out the proper legal recourse. If when you suffered the Violence when you were minor then the recourse is available under Pocso Act. In cumulative, answer is Yes. however the recourse depends on the actual facts
Helpful? LawRato LawRato