Mother and brother harassing me and wife continuously

I am sorry to inform you that since last 2 years my respected mother & beloved younger brother have been continuously threatening me & my wife in all possible cruel ways to leave the house & go elsewhere. In my absence both of them torture my wife mentally by using cruel & abusive words, threatening to beat my wife and me as well. They are always pressurising us in all possible means to leave the house & go elsewhere. Sir, in our house we have 5 rooms, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom, 1 garrage & 1 storeroom. Among these we use one & only room which is small in comparison to other rooms & 1 small storeroom for cooking somehow. While my mother & brother are using all the other rooms i.e. 3 rooms & 1 kitchen. Sir, I am having one small kid of 5 & 1/2 years, in Mother has lodged 7 cases against me; 420; 403; 384; 323; 406; 506 &120B. Please help. ..

Answers (2)

278 votes

I do not know in such a situation why you resides there with such suckling babies. For the better future of your children you should leave the place. Each and every day you children see a hot alteration took place in between their parents and grand mother, etc. My advise is to leave the place immeiately with your family and take a rented house. Thereafter, if you have any right over the property then fight against them from outside not inside the house. Otherwise, you may loose anyone of your family becuase, your mother and brother did not wants you and your family to live here. Therefore, understnd it and leave the place immediately for future life of your children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

you did not disclose about the ownership of the said house wherein you have been staying presently .If your mother is the lawful owner of the said house she has her right to oust you but if your deceased father was the owner then you being one of his legal heir has your bonafide legal right to that property to live and enjoy your respective share therein. Your wife can file a case u/s 12 of D.V Act against your respected mother and brother before the proper forum for relief.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles