Milk delivery boy ran away with the motorcycle and containers

Our servant CUM milk delivery boy ran away with the motorcycle and containers. Police didn't lodge an FIR however I have the receipt of application I gave them. 4months have passed but no action has been taken so far. Is it a cognizable offence. Police says you have willfully given him the motorcycle so theft FIR can't be filed

Answers (4)

212 votes

Police is bound to lodge an FIR whether it is a cognizable office or non cognizable office. Lodging an FIR is a right of the citizen under Crpc and police can’t deny to lodge an FIR. If police is not lodging an FIR under section 154 CRPC, the complainant may make an application under section 156 before superintendent of Police to lodge an FIR, the Supretendent of Police the direct the concern police station in charge to file an FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

Yes, theft is a cognizable offences against which either an FIR would lie or if the Police fails to register the FIR then a complaint under Section 156(3) CRPC read with Section 200 CRPC is to be filed.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
63 votes

You will file complain (pariwad) , near your district court, and firstly you will complain your city s.p., if s.p. has not take action you will go to district court,
And you will any so we will help you

289 votes

Please inform local SP at the earliest it's his duty to direct filing of FIR if police refuse to file and FIR of cognizable offence. THERE IS AN OBLIGATION TO DO SO AND THERE MUST BE SUPERVISION IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles