Legal remedy against physical & mental abuse since15 years by parents

I am a 26 year old Muslim woman who has never known a normal childhood. I have been mentally and emotionally scarred by a traumatic childhood and I still am abused till this day. It started when I was 11 years old and my brother was born. My father was jobless and my mother earned. That's when all my problems started- he would take out his frustration on me:physically, mentally and verbally abusing me. I even tried to commit suicide. This continued for years until I went away to hostel for my graduation. Now i am back at home after 7 years for 3 month (as I left my job to pursue higher studies) and it has started all over again. I feel suicidal again. Pls suggest what to do

Answers (4)

197 votes

For the said acts of your parents you have the remedy in domestic voilance act. You can file a complaint against your parents in the said act and also the complaint in the sections of IPC. For best possible assistance contact me. Manoj Sharma, advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

130 votes

YES Dear,
No problem can be resolved by self destructive acts. You will cause loss to your own self by these type of acts.
No-doubt, Parents are first to God but in your case I do agree that many people bear children before understanding and practicing ‘Good Parenting Practices’. We humans tend to go overboard in trying to make our children achieve more than their fair capacity and opportunities that we provide.But from the question that you have posed it seems you have found some real bad parent who are doing injustice to you by abusing etc. My advise to you will be
FIRST OPTION:- You can File a complaint under Protection of women from Domestic Violence Act,2005 with local women cell.You are no longer a child, be brave enough to fight for your rights. There are many provisions for protection, Shelter, Maintenance.
SECOND OPTION:- You can File a Criminal complaint under Section 125 Cr.P.C. claiming maintenance from your father until your marriage. As denial of maintenance will amount to mental injury.
thus before going to police station keep some evidence with you.
Best of Luck!

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
251 votes

Since you are an educated women you must exercise legal rights. There is national women helpline number 1091 and police help line number 100. Intimate them on such instances and write a latter pleading all your plights to National commission for women.

82 votes

Why you want to end your life like this you already living waY from them now after 7 year you have once more bad days so why you afraid from this you are too brave just continue find job when you have you have your own life live it enjoy it as you want

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

A person take my passport & money for providing professional visa and job with in amount Rs 300000 .In 90 days .But he fails to fullfil the work.a…

Read More

Good morning sir, I have love affair at the time of 2010 she was suicide with hanging and dead. That case filed on me under IPC 306 then after 1 year …

Read More

I want to know about if any govt employee after retirement held any crime like murder etc then... Is he will be liable to get own pention regularly or…

Read More

I was convicted in gambling act and fined by 100 rs can i get govt job…

Read More