Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal remedy against false allegation of rape & promise to marry

I am Hindu.I met a girl in train.she was widow.she has a baby.i am also married.i have a baby also.i feel sympathy for the girl.we frequently talk by phone and chat.she told me to marry.my guilt is that I have not told her that I am married.one day I think to meet her and told that I am married.we met in a station.we talked.i told her that I am married.but now she treating me.she told she would make complain of rape in promise of marriage.what can I do?

Answers (2)

Unless and until a rape case is filed within 30 days from the date of having sex, a rape allegation does not stand the test of law.
Even assuming you had sex with the lady, at the most, it will come under the category of consensual sex.
Consensual sex is not rape under indian laws.
Please save your conversations (email, chats) etc in a computer hard disk safe and secure (instead of saving them on a mobile phone).
Also avoid any future conversations with the lady as it may lead to your present marriage breaking up .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Sir,
As per law it is an offence. Suppressing the real fact that you are married, making her to believe that you are not married and would like to marry her and participated in cohabitation is an offence Indian Penal Code.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi, my friend was a rape victim n she filed FIR aftr accused ws sent to jail.His family trap a girl in false extortion case undr ipc section 383,504,5…

Read More

Ek ldki ne mere bhai me 2017 me rape ka case lgaya jhutha 376 & pasco Aur shadi ka samjhuta hua Mere bhai ne kisi aur ldki(dusri)ldki se shadi kr …

Read More

I'm a married women witha child, husband working abroad. Had an friendly affair with a coworker 2yrs back, which broke up long back. Now he is pus…

Read More

Sir my friend is a doc and a patient came to his clinic in daytime along with her husband for med. My friend sent her husband to a nearby chemist to g…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue