Legal procedure to get a copy of charge sheet

I have been accused of a false sexual harassment case 1yr back by a co worker. In 1st week of December 2017 my lawyer updated that the police have submitted the chargesheet & next date for the case was in Jan 2018. On the said date due to some problem my lawyer could not turn up & he had advised me against going alone to attend the proceedings. So the date went unattended from my side. Now my lawyer tells me that chargesheet has not been signed by the judge so the next date has been given in July 2018. I am wondering whether this delay is because we missed attending the court in January. Is it possible for a court to schedule a date when the chargesheet is not ready/unsigned? Is there any way I can get a copy of the chargesheet before the next date in July?

Answers (3)

Yes you can get the copy of this charge sheet by applying for the certified copy of charge sheet in the concern court.
As well as date of the concern matter fixed by the court as per their scheduled of workload

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Client,
Kindly note, chargesheet is not signed by Judge. Police submits chargesheet is court after completion of investigation. You can make a simple application to court and you will get the copy of Chargesheet in ONE DAY.

Advice-Find a better advocate who provides you correct legal advice.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

First of all if you have paid the lawyer and he has not attended your case you need to change the Lawyer. Also hire another lawyer to find out the status of the Case and apply to get the certified copy of the charge sheet and or certified copy of the entire proceedings.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I was carrying 12 pints of lager beer costing ₹2000 from Delhi to Noida. It was seized by the police officials standing at the border. I asked them …

Read More

We involved into fight last night and our friend got injured. After that police came and asked us to come to police station at 2 PM today. We want to …

Read More

My husband having affair since 5 year with a women and also living happily with me . he want to leave her but the girl is not leaving him .she is givi…

Read More

I went a police station located in Kolkata for registered G.D with a complaint letter and a copy of its. But who attended me in police station, he has…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue