Legal action against person abusing on call

31-Jan-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Dear sir my question is that what is the ipc section for abusive language on phone? and if someone abuse you then what to do legally?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
999 votes
Using abusing language is cover under defamation and accused is directly cover under sec 499 of IPC. As per Evidence Act phone recording is an electronic record and you may produce it in form of CD before Hon'ble Court and prove your version.

Answer #2
738 votes
IPC 504, 506, 509, 351, 354 , 292,293, 294 and Sec 66 A of IT ACT. Now do a favour. Google all these sections and read what they all say. Your query is covered under these sections of Indian Penal Code i.e. IPC in short. Good Luck!
Answer #3
754 votes
You can approach the officer in charge of police station and file a written complaint and oral to be written by the concerned officer and the police can take action for threatening you and for abusing you in appropriate section of ipc

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."