Legal action against mental harassment by maternal uncle

Sir i want to convey that my family and my maternal uncle purchased a plot in 2014.the builder said that he sold it to them at higher price as compared to us which is totally fake as they self gave the amount to the builder .now my maternal uncle and his family members pressurising us by telling everywhere there we took that amount from that builder and we breaked their believes .my parents went to saught out the situation but they said give us that amount earlier inspite of discussing it infront of that builder.once we called to discuss that matter and said we will clear it out and as we went there my maternal family leaves there as soon as they can because he was saying that my family did nothing at all.everyone got the plots at different price and they are continuosly tourchring us by telling everywhere just to take extra amount from us inspite of knowing that it is now of higher price.they can do anything with us and this is happenig from 3 years.please suggest what to do?

Answers (3)

191 votes

Thankyou for writing to me.

Following are the suggestions:-
1) if you have any physical threat you can file FIR against your uncle.

2) if not then civil harassment order, type of restraining order, doesn’t necessarily lead to criminal charges can be filed. A person can request a civil harassment order to prevent you from harassing them. The person asking for the order is not asking the court to file charges against you, but rather just asking for protection. These types of restraining orders do not lead to criminal charges unless they are violated.

For more clarity would request you to share the facts of the case in clear manner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

First of all file Police Complaint against the person's under threatening and cheating charges under penal provisions and if Police is not taking cognizance go in court with private complaint and take order under section 156(3) of CrPC. Also file injunction and declaration suit in court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
305 votes

If your family and uncle purchased different plots. It is their duty to bargain with builder.If uncle and others continue to defame your family.THEN YOU have right to file defamation case against those in Police Station or file private complaint in Court.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles