How to refrain boyfriend from physically abusing me?

My ex-boyfriend physically abused and verbally abused me in our relationship but I could never tell anyone for fear of the consequences. Physical abuse : He held my neck. Verbal abuse : He very often used extremely derogatory terms for a woman to hear and terrified me. How can I ask for a complete confession and declaring that he will refrain from verbal abuse against me.

Answers (4)

271 votes

I suggest you to give a private complaint in person before the women police station, stating the things happen between you and the guy, also state how the relationship between you and the guy was before after into relation started between you both.
And be more specific to the thing which is harming you Mentaly and physically.

Apporch the consent police station which come under you area.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

89 votes

you can either record his abusive statement through the phone recording and you can take a confession before any other third independent person but the confession must be in accordance with the preview of evidence act

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
194 votes

In the given circumstances wherein violence is apparent in the face of record, it is better to have the confession recorded in the form of audio tape
The first best option will be to pursue a conversation between you and your ex-boyfriend through a face to face meeting and record the same through audio and video recording .
The second best option will be to pursue a phone conversation and record the phone conversation on your phone.
Once you get the confession recorded in either of the above modes, you can submit the same to forensic lab to ensure authenticity of the record and thereafter you can use these as evidence in future before courts of law if required.

153 votes

With the evidence you approach nearby police station and file a case against him stating the facts what you narrated now. Then he be called PS and investigate it and put him behind bars and so that he never come to you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles