How to refrain boyfriend from physically abusing me?

My ex-boyfriend physically abused and verbally abused me in our relationship but I could never tell anyone for fear of the consequences. Physical abuse : He held my neck. Verbal abuse : He very often used extremely derogatory terms for a woman to hear and terrified me. How can I ask for a complete confession and declaring that he will refrain from verbal abuse against me.

I suggest you to give a private complaint in person before the women police station, stating the things happen between you and the guy, also state how the relationship between you and the guy was before after into relation started between you both.
And be more specific to the thing which is harming you Mentaly and physically.

Apporch the consent police station which come under you area.

you can either record his abusive statement through the phone recording and you can take a confession before any other third independent person but the confession must be in accordance with the preview of evidence act

In the given circumstances wherein violence is apparent in the face of record, it is better to have the confession recorded in the form of audio tape
The first best option will be to pursue a conversation between you and your ex-boyfriend through a face to face meeting and record the same through audio and video recording .
The second best option will be to pursue a phone conversation and record the phone conversation on your phone.
Once you get the confession recorded in either of the above modes, you can submit the same to forensic lab to ensure authenticity of the record and thereafter you can use these as evidence in future before courts of law if required.

With the evidence you approach nearby police station and file a case against him stating the facts what you narrated now. Then he be called PS and investigate it and put him behind bars and so that he never come to you.